Sunday, November 21, 2010

Site Specific Blog - The District




I went to a movie at the District this weekend, so I took the opportunity to take some pictures on my camera-phone while I was there.

The first two pictures I've posted are a couple of examples of the overall feeling of the District. The first shows a beautiful composition of balanced, yet asymmetrical, lighting that draws your interest through the entire aisle. It appears that the designers were looking for something classic, but open for people for all ages---and I think that they accomplished that.

The second picture shows some of the hanging lights put up for the holidays. Even though this is an addition to the normal lighting, it definitely provided a warmth to the season.

The third picture is my example of good lighting composition (although it looked much better in person). Outside of Chaparosa Grill, they've added a fireplace. The atmosphere created by this was really amazing. It almost seemed like you were going home.

The last photo was taken outside the Toys R Us Express Store. I believe that this is a temporary store, but it was quite disappointing. The lighting was minimal and made it feel like you were entering a warehouse. Especially around the holidays, I feel that stores should reflect an inviting warmth, and this store definitely failed to provide that.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice commitment to the project and thoughts about the intent and implementation of ideas

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete