Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 7 - Maui Vacation

My family took a vacation to Maui, Hawaii a couple years ago, and I recently came upon all the pictures on my computer. It was a great chance to look back at some of the incredible sight-seeing we had done. Some of it I had forgotten, by when I saw this picture, I remembered how we were just about to leave the beach when we noticed this rock jutting out of the side of a small cliff. It closely resembled a coyote/dog in the night. The sun was going down quickly, so it was quite lucky that we snapped the picture in time. I thought that this would be a good example of lighting, because both in lighting and choreography class, we've talked about "revealing and hiding." Choosing what to reveal and what to hide will add more emotional content to a piece, whether it be through lighting or choreographic approach.

1 comment: