Saturday, November 6, 2010

Week 6 - My Brother in Budapest

This week, I've chosen to post a photo that my brother, Nick, emailed to me recently. He is a missionary in Budapest, Hungary, and although I obviously did not take this picture, I feel a major connection to it because of the emotions presented through the lighting. To me, this is a great example of the warm/cool phenomenon. The sun going down casts warm amber shadows in the sky and part of the lake, but there is also evidence of cool aqua/blue in certain areas of the water. This creates an excellent backdrop for defining the figures in the forefront. The tree is striking with its naked branches, and the glow being cast onto my brother's head and shoulder draw the eye as well. Even though this is a still image, I feel that it tells a beautiful story.

2 comments: