Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 8: A Variation


So last week, I wrote about the sight of the lower level plaza and how gorgeous it was in the morning sun. But as I walked out of the arts lab in the late evening, I also thought it would be an interesting sight to write about. I got a pristine sense from the lighting in the evening. And what I think made me feel this way was the brighter and whiter lights on the balconies and the"filters"/"gobos" in front of them. The filters are perforated and give a twinkle effect to the lights they are in front of (..or maybe a result of my bad vision?). But as you walk by and look at them there is a lot of movement in it which is exciting.
The setting was very quiet and still, but had an energetic feel. For me, the energy in the morning scene was uplifting and joyful. The evening scene had a busy excitement (despite there being calm in the space when I observed the photograph). I'm so excited to have more UCI Arts department history happening here!

1 comment: