Monday, November 8, 2010

Week7

I had acupuncture a few weeks ago and during the time I was putting myself back together after the treatment I found the time to take a picture of the door that had mesmerized me for half of my acupuncture nap. The way the little mirrors of door capture and reflect light is inspiring to me. How the light creates patterns upon the surface of this collection of mirrors and cascades down in a patchwork of light and glass. The picture fills me with a sense of calm disorientation. There is a blur that intertwines with the clarity of the repetition of shape. Because of the nature of the glass window, I see different forms of white light blending and contrasting each other. There is an organized flurry. There is distortion and bright light. Also, there is an element of intimate space in this configuration of captured light and glass. It almost gives the feeling as if one is in the shower.

1 comment: