Sunday, November 14, 2010

week 8

This is a photo I took in Spain during my travels this past summer. I found this moment awaiting me around a corner while I walked the cobblestone streets of a white Spanish village. What I love about this picture is the soft lighting. There is a sweet serenity and beauty to the photo. I feel relaxed as I gaze upon the flowers and a nostalgia for summers past. The lilac is very feminine and whimsical. Because the photo has such a small field of focus, much of the image is blurred. Yet, the blur in the detail of the flower communicates a sense of movement and magic. I almost see the slightest of a twinkle even though it is clear the light is consistent. The image puts me at ease while also reminding me of all the beauty in nature and in life.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice image and detailed, delicate description about how it affects you

    ReplyDelete