Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 2

So I recently took an outdoor yoga class in Laguna. We were on a grassy cliff that overlooked the ocean. I was kind of stupid and stared into the sun during sunset. After the class was finished, I thought I'd try to capture the moment, rather than continue to damage my eyes. I felt the mixtures of colors and textures felt very inviting. I felt very at peace with the moment. Also maybe a sense of longing (maybe due to the retreating light source?). I definitely noticed the natural coexistence of warm/cool light/colors that Lonnie mentioned in class. I tried to imagine how I would perceive the sight had there not been the cool blue sky atop of the ambers and pinks. I love how the soft clouds add so much dimension to the photo and the effect on creating various colors.

1 comment: