Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week 4: My Birthday Dinner

This week the lighting that stands out to me I saw this past Saturday Night. I was out with a group of friends celebrating my birthday at a wonderful Italian restaurant in Newport called Mama D's. (If you have not been make sure to go). The restaurant is so good that there is often a wait and it was during this time that I noticed captivating lighting. While waiting outside to get seated I noticed a contrast between the light outside and the light inside. Outside there was a warmer glow that mixed with the dimmer more sombering light from inside. I noticed while looking around at my friends that this lighting was stark and beautiful. It was not celebratory but it was exactly what was appropriate for that moment. It was happy just dimmer. I found that I enjoyed the the dimly lit comedy cafe feel that I found myself in. I also liked how he two sources of light mixed together. It was engaging to see two isolated sources mixing.

1 comment: