Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 5


As we progress in our blog adventure in trying to notice the effect of light on our emotions, I am beginning to struggle with whether I am reacting to the light or content of what I am looking at. So I tried to look for an object in light that would have minimal contributing emotions, but I still think I failed.

A little context about the photo… It is a photo of a corner of my living room table with the organza tablecloth jumbled and partially swept off the table. The light is coming from a nearby window with cream/tan drapes. The light is very indirect in that the sun is completely on the other side of the house.

The light is soft, diffused, and low and intensity. I feel like the photo/light has a sense of peaceful depression. It also gives me the sense of someone deep in thought, pensive. There’s definitely a sense of either strength or heaviness.

1 comment:

  1. They are pretty hard things to separate but useful to try to see what is truly affecting you to be able to better portray it in light.

    This blog seems like the beginning of a dance piece.

    ReplyDelete