Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 3- San Diego Sunset

My parent's live in San Diego, and I must say, it has some excellent perks.

I took this shot at the top of their driveway on my way back from teaching. I quickly ran inside to grab a camera and was so lucky to catch it in time, because just moments later, it was gone. My uncle followed me out, because of my haste, and got caught in the shot too...oh well. :)

Every time I look at this picture, something different pops out to me. The warmth in the yellows brushes out to oranges, pinks, reds, blues, purples, and finally white. I find this unique from other sunsets, because of the cloudy texture across the entire sky, forming a fluffy ceiling for the world below. It's a great reminder to what beauty there is in light.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo and nice analysis of it. I used to study sunsets with an artist friend of mine and learned so much about color doing it

    ReplyDelete