Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 3: Flood Light



I took this photo in NYC this summer. When it is Blazing hot in the city people do indeed break open the fire hydrants. This one was right outside the apartment I was at and gushed water into the street on multiple occasions. Once again I am drawn to the silhouette and outlining in this photo. It provides a focus or more isolated feeling for the light. The darkness in this photo has a sense of adulthood and stoicism. I am really drawn to the way the light reflects in the water. The water in the air and on the street glow in a beautiful white sunlight. The simplicity of the white light has a zen-like or philosophical quality. I think there is something very human in the limited color in this photo. I like the photo in both color and Black/White. I think what I say above holds true for both versions which, I also find interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos - I am really drawn to you descriptions of light. I look forward to your first project.

    ReplyDelete