Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 5

I took this picture during my visit to Spain this summer. This is an image of my friend entering a room that is part of a house that still remains after the last war that touched this area of Southern Spain. The house is nearly destroyed. The roof is collapsed in most rooms and the floor is covered in shambles. What interests me in this photo is how the light filters through the room and hits the walls. The only light source is the tiny window in front of the silhouette of my friend. I was so inspired by this room that I did an entire photo shoot right there. How the light paints the walls with a soft and somber touch is really beautiful in a place that was touch by such hate. It is a mixture of sadness and beauty as the soft light enters the room. The light outside is so bright, too, and its effect inside brings the effect of such low saturate colors. There is an emptiness that is revealed and a warmth that is left to be remembered in the destruction.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and great ties to emotion!

    Only correction is that we just finished Week 4, not 5 :)

    ReplyDelete