Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 6- Leaves

This photograph was taken in the parking lot of my apartment building. The sun was going down and I loved how the leaves of the trees shimmered when the wind blew. The light from the sun going down creates a lot of tension because it makes some leaves dark and others light. I love this picture because it makes me feel the majesty of nature which is present even in these tiny leaves. I also love how the sky goes from a more saturated blue to a lighter blue from the top left to the bottom left. I get the feeling of wonder and awe when I look at the lighting in this picture. The lighting also emphasizes the texture and diversity of the leaves which I think adds to my sense of amazement.

1 comment:

  1. Great connection from light to nature to emotion!

    FYI - It is week 5, not 6 :)

    ReplyDelete