Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 3

So , one of my neighbors on the street has some spooky decorations on his lawn- graves cobwebs, ghosts, etc. Once darkness falls, his front yard is lit with a strobe light! Talk about a distraction when you are driving... Back to the strobe light... The light isn't as white as I've seen in other strobe lights or theatrical productions. This light has more of a sense of greyish-green tint. The strobe casts enlarged silhouettes of the various lawn adornments against the walls of the house. The overall sight instills a sense of panic and tension. I could imagine feeling confused and frantic as well because there is somewhat a sense of losing sight.

I tried to photograph the scene, but my camera didn't capture the moment well, so I preferred not to post this week.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Great ties from the lighting to emotion and ideas!

    ReplyDelete