Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 3 Posting: Muse Concert

A few weeks ago, I went to the Muse concert at the Staples center. I was amazed by how the lighting affected my experience of the concert. The music was played exceptionally well but it was the lighting that created a tone for the entire experience. This shot in particular was an incredible moment because I felt the use of these green lasers created a cosmic, alluring atmosphere. The effect was incredible because the green lights lit up the entire venue with a futuristic energy. The beams of these lights extended onto every wall of the venue which reminds me of space and its vastness. I enjoyed this moment because the green lights produced a feeling of awe and vibrancy.

2 comments:

  1. Nice observances of light and mood. My sister loves that band - they have a very 80's feel about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post started with "Week 3" but we just finished "Week 2" - our first class was during welcome week. Please post the next one as "Week 3" Thanks!

    ReplyDelete